Prepare Your Property for Photography
It’s important to get your property ready for photos so that the pictures show the place as it really is and give your property the greatest opportunity to sell. People who might rent or buy your property will first see it in online marketing photos, so it’s important that they accurately show the room. Glasgow’s real estate market can be complicated, but Western Lettings Glasgow wants to make the process as easy as possible for our clients.
Here are some tips on how to get your home ready to make it as impressive as possible.
The outside look of your Property
Most property ads start with a picture of the outside. This is what makes renters and buyers want to look at your ad among all the others.
Before your home’s outside is photographed, make sure you do the following:
- Move the cars out of the road.
- Take out or move any bins
- Clean up any rubbish or mess in the garden
- Maintain the garden and/or driveway
In the Kitchen
Your kitchen is the one room in your house that you really want to show off, so make sure there aren’t too many things scattered around.
- Remove as much as you can from your kitchen worktop, as you want to show off the room.
- Open your kitchen’s curtains or blinds and let light pour in.
- Take down any family pictures or other things that are stuck to the fridge.
- Put away any brooms and mops that are in plain sight.
- Make sure all items that can be seen are clean.
- Small tools like toasters and kettles should be put away unless they come with the house.
The Living room Area
- Pull back the blinds and curtains.
- Put away any holiday decorations and keep only one or two small photos as personal items.
- Set up your furniture so that it best shows off how big the room is.
- Take any large objects off your coffee table.
- Straighten out the cushions and plump them up.
- Take away any toys, clothes, hangers or any other non-essential clutter.
In the Bathroom
- Having a clean, uncluttered bathroom is a great way to show off the room.
- A professional picture will show anything that isn’t in perfect shape, which could be off-putting to viewers.
- Clean from the top to the bottom, making sure there are no water spots on the glass or taps.
- Take things off the shelves and off the top of the toilet.
- If your bathroom curtain is worn out, take it down.
- If you have a towel line, hang one neutral-coloured towel on it.
In the Bedrooms
The best place to stage your home is in your bedrooms.
You could even think about getting a new bedding set with extra pillows and cushions that match to really make your master bedroom look great.
Make sure in your bedrooms that you:
- Make all of the beds, smoothing the linen and pulling it tight.
- Pillows and cushions should be plumped up.
- Put away any personal items such as fragrances, jewellery boxes, clothing, and shoes.
- Remove everything from the bedside tables save one lamp on each.
- All mirrors and dusty surfaces should be cleaned.
- If you have children, don’t be afraid to show off their rooms as kids’ rooms – just make sure they’ve put toys and games away before the photographer arrives.
Western Lettings Glasgow is a prominent letting agent specialising in property management and rentals. When preparing your home for listing, they emphasise the importance of photography to showcase your property effectively. To maximise the appeal of your space, they recommend decluttering, arranging furniture strategically to optimise natural light, and adding colourful accents like rugs and bowls to enhance the visual appeal. These details, such as the placement of a sofa or the choice of colour schemes, can significantly impact the overall impression of your property, ensuring it stands out in the market. And remember, even seemingly minor details like a well-placed bin can make a big difference in presenting your home at its best.
Ready to transform your property experience with Western Lettings Glasgow? Contact us today at 0141 357 0436 and let’s start your journey toward successful property management and rentals. Don’t miss out – take the first step now!